challenging conventional thought, exploring conspiracy theories,
analyzing institutions, and promoting discussion

June 4, 2010

Bill O'Reilly Interviews Amiri Baraka

I've never been able to find a video of this. If anyone stumbles across it, please please comment with a link.

Here is my favorite part of the interview:
O'REILLY: You're on the Internet there too much with all due respect.

BARAKA: Well, it — why is Internet less believable than The Post...

O'REILLY: All right. Because there's no editor on...

BARAKA: ... or The Wall Street Journal?

O'REILLY: There's no editor on the Internet.

BARAKA: That might be better.

O'REILLY: You can write whatever you want to write.

BARAKA: That might be better.

2 comments:

  1. yes that was my favorite interview. I was just reading this blog of a guy who called the poet and asked for references. then he went on to write useless insults about the poet. Clearly the interviewer had a closed mind and focused goal. Its not just the interviewer because so many following were quick to dismiss the poet. As one enlightens one self and becomes aware of the mass ocean of ignorance surrounding drowning us still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked: O'Reilly: "I think you're a nut." Baraka: "And I think you're Goebbels."

    ReplyDelete